Our History & Our Firm Today
Dunaway is a professional services firm established in 1956, with offices in Fort Worth, Austin, Dallas, Farmersville, Houston, Midland, and
We offer civil and structural engineering, planning + landscape architecture, survey, and construction inspection services to public and private clients throughout Texas.
Originally beginning as a survey company in 1956, Dunaway has evolved and expanded not only our firm, but also the communities we serve. We invite you to take a trip down memory lane with us.
- James R. Dunaway, Sr. establishes James R. Dunaway Surveying
- Fort Worth office established
- Jr. and Sr. combine firms to create Dunaway Associates
- Added Civil Engineering
- Jim Dunaway transitions ownership
- Added Planning + Landscape Architecture
- Added Environmental and Water Resources
- Midland Office Opens
- Austin Office Opens
- Added Structural Engineering
- San Antonio Office Opens
- Landscape Architecture added in Midland
- Civil Engineering added to Austin office
- Dallas and Farmersville Offices Open
- Added Construction Inspection Services
- Added Structural Engineering to San Antonio office
- Houston Office Opens
As a multi-discipline firm with a staff of over 250+ positioned in our seven offices across the state of Texas – our firm’s size, location, and reputation allows us to provide local, specialized knowledge about each project and each client that we serve.
Years in service
The Dunaway Difference
We deliver profitable growth through our One-Heart company culture, commitment to core values, and embodiment of the Dunaway Difference.
Be the leading independent multi-discipline design firm in Texas—known as trusted client advisors committed to improving lives in the communities we serve.
- Sense of Urgency
- Technical Excellence
- Attitude of Service
Over the years, our team members have been part of an extensive list of project and company awards, showcasing technical excellence throughout all of our lines of business.